- Find an Item
- About Us
- About the Library
- Suggestion Box
- Adult Volunteer Application
- Board of Trustees
- Friends of the Library
- Library Policies
- Library Affiliations
- Library Financial Audit 2011
- What's New
- Local History
Board of Trustees
Meet our Board:
Anthony Feliciano, Vice President
Matthew Mulrooney, Treasurer
Joseph Reiter, Secretary
E-mail the board at email@example.com
Tom Ninan and his family live in New City. Tom is a graduate of Rockland Community College with an Associate of Science- Liberal Arts and Sciences-mathematics and Science, Associate of Arts- Liberal Arts and Sciences- Humanities and Social Science, Associate of Applied Science-Electrical Technology. He attended the United States Army Signal Center at Fort Gordon, Georgia. He holds a Diploma in Multi- Channel Communications Systems Operator.
Tom works as a real estate agent and as a property manager. Tom worked for the Rockland County Department of Social Services as a Social Welfare Examiner and, prior to that, a Multi-Channel System Operator for the United States Army National Guard in Orangeburg.
He has also been a member of the Community Development Committee of the Town of Ramapo and chairperson of the Village of Spring Valley Youth Board. Tom belongs to the American Legion Post #199, NAACP of Spring Valley, Sigma Alpha Mu.
Jeffrey Greenberg and his family have lived in New City since 1997. Jeffrey, his wife and two children have been constant and devoted customers of the New City Library taking advantage of the resources, services and programs that are available at the library. He is one of our strongest supporters come budget time.
Jeffrey graduated from the State University of New York College at Oneonta with a BA in Political Science in 1980. In 1990, he received his Juris Doctorate from New York Law School. Jeffrey currently works in New York City as a trial attorney for Chubb & Son.
Mr. Mulrooney is a resident of Congers since 1970. In addition to his Regents Diploma from Clarkstown North, he went on to receive a B.A. Political Science from Allegheny College (1992) and his M.S. in Elementary Education & Literacy from Long Island University (2010).
Matt currently works for the Rockland County Department of Social Services in Pomona. He is a Caseworker in Child Protective Services. Matt’s main reason to serve on the board is his interest in education for the children in our community. He believes that literacy should be an inalienable right not only for children, but for adults as well.
When I moved to New City in 1977 one of the first things I did was to get myself a library card.
Over the past 35 years I have seen the library grow into the institution that it is today. My goal is to enable the library to continue to provide the services that I have become accustomed to. In these trying financial times that is no easy task.
My background has been rather diverse. For my first career I was a teacher in the New York City public school system. While working at that job I pursued a Masters in Business Administration at Pace University going to school in the evening. My second career has been as an accountant preparing income tax returns.
Presently I am a member of the Board of Directors for The Rockland Alliance for Health. A 501 c 3 organization whose goal is to make Rockland County the healthiest community in the nation by offering sustainable, high quality public health initiatives built on strong local partnerships. While this organization is only 3 years old we have already been able to achieve some of our goals.
Olahannan Poulose resides in Congers. Olahannan is a graduate of Indian Technical College of Engineering, Diploma in Automotive Engineering, and has completed much course work in management and supervision. Currently, Olahannan is a supervisor for the New York City Transit Authority and has been with the NYCTA since 1993.
Olahannan is a member of the Congers Civic Association and serves on many social and political organizations in Rockland County. He is also a committee member of the Indian Chamber of Commerce, New York. He is a Council Member (USA) of the Indian Orthodox Church and has also been the past Secretary and Treasurer of St. Mary's Church in Valley Cottage.
In addition to local organizations, Olahannan serves on many national and international groups. He is President of the Federation of Indian Associations of North America (FOKANA). He is a founding member and past president of the Indian American Political Action Committee. He was President of the Hudson Valley Malayalee Association (HVMA) in 1999. In serving in many leadership positions, he has received many awards and commendations.
Victor Berger has lived with his family in New City since 1972. His son and daughter were active patrons of the library growing up here, and his daughter, who now lives in New City with her family, continues with her husband and two children as active patrons.
Victor is an attorney at law, a 1964 graduate of Brooklyn Law School with an LLB, and holds a BA from Brooklyn College. After a two year period of practicing with the FCC in Washington, DC, he practiced corporate and international law for more than 32 years in the US, S, America, Europe and Asia with a major multi-national conglomerate. Since retiring in 1998, he has consulted with companies and law firms in Europe and the Caribbean on corporate matters, intellectual property, and mergers/acquisitions. Victor also served in the U.S. Army Reserves from 1961 through 1966.
Victor is serving as a Trustee to help insure the continued availability of the general public informational library services for the benefit of, and the free use by, the members of the community.
- 2012 ADJUNCT PROFESSOR OF BUSINESS LAW
School of Business
St. Thomas Aquinas College
Sparkill, New York
• 2006-2011: PRINCIPAL LAW CLERK, Supreme Court: State of New York, County of Rockland.
As Principal Law Clerk I was responsible for researching and analyzing complex and difficult legal issues for the Supreme Court Judge and making recommendations regarding same. My duties also included the drafting of judicial decisions, orders and memoranda of law, as well as preparing jury charges. I conferred with lawyers on unusual or complex proceedings and reviewed legal documents filed in connection with such cases. Within permissible ethical and legal limits, I also advised lawyers who made inquiries regarding issues of law or procedure.
• 1974-76: LAW SECRETARY TO FAMILY COURT JUDGE - Family Court: State of New York, Rockland County
As Law Secretary, my responsibilities were substantially similar to the responsibilities I had as a Clerk to Supreme Court Judge.
• 1979-2005 and 2012: EDWARD P. KALLEN P.C., Attorney
For 26 years, I maintained offices in New City and NYC for the general practice of law. EDWARD P. KALLEN P.C. handled a broad range of matters with an emphasis on matrimonial and family law cases. The practice also included contracts, torts, real estate and real estate related matters, consumer bankruptcy, wills and estates, and miscellaneous commercial matters. I practiced in virtually all courts of the State of New York as well as in the United States District Court for both the Southern and Eastern Districts. After working in the New York State Court System, I resumed the private practice of law as of January 1, 2012.
• 1978-79: PHILLIPS NIZER BENJAMIN KRIM & BALLON
Attorneys at Law
New York, New York
• 1976-78: BRENT, PHILLIPS, DRANOFF & DAVIS
Attorneys at Law
Nanuet, New York
• 1972-74: GRANIK GARSON SILVERMAN & NOWICKI
Attorneys at Law
New City, New York
University Park, Pennsylvania,
Bachelor of Science
Major in Finance
Brooklyn, New York
Jamaica, New York
Teacher Education Program
Graduate School of Education
Lincoln Center, New York
New York State: Supreme Court of the State of New York, Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department (1972).
Federal: United States Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit; United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York (1973).
Adjunct Instructor in Business Law
September 1974 through 1982
Teacher - (Grades 7 and 8)
September 1968 through November 1971
School of Continuing Education
Seminar leader - Legal Seminars for non-lawyers, Summer 1995
Office of Instructional and Community Services - Lifelong Learning Program, Seminar leader - Legal Seminars for non-lawyers, Spring, 1993 / Winter, 1995
- Lawyers in the Classroom, 1978-79
Developed a program through the Rockland County Bar Association with the support of the New York State Bar Association to bring practicing lawyers into school classrooms as a resource for teachers of social studies.
• Trustee - New City (New York) Library - 2011 to present.
• Active member of both the New York State Bar Association and the Rockland County Bar Association - (Chair, Public Relations Committee).
• Arbitrator - Civil Court of the City of New York - 1999 - 2005.
• Former Arbitrator - Better Business Bureau of Bergen, Passaic and Rockland Counties, Inc.
• Member or former member of the following Boards of Directors: Rockland County Civil Liberties Union; Temple Beth Sholom, New City, New York; Rockland County Association for the Visually Impaired; Clarkstown (Rockland County) Young Democrats; Greater New York City Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation (Three Miles of Men); Law Guardian Advisory Committee for the Ninth Judicial District; New City Little League.
• WHO’S WHO IN AMONG STUDENTS IN AMERICAN UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES; Published by Randall Publishing Company, 1971.
• WHO’S WHO IN AMERICAN LAW, Published by Marquis Who’s Who Incorporated, First Edition, 1978.
• Formerly New York State Certified Guardian ad Litem.
• Race Director, 1992 - ‘RACE FOR THE CURE’, the annual signature event for The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, a national organization committed to eradicating breast cancer as a life-threatening disease.
• New York State Licensed Teacher - Certification area: Social Studies 7 - 12
• Rated Attorney, (BV) Martindale-Hubbell, legal publisher. Recognized for legal expertise and professional stature through a confidential peer review by members of the Bar.
- Member of the Clarkstown Democratic Committee.
- Candidate for Rockland County Family Court Judge - 2011
- Found QUALIFIED for Family Court Judge by Independent Judicial Election Qualification Commission (2nd Judicial Dept.) - 2011
- Found QUALIFIED for Family Court Judge by Rockland County Bar Association,d Judicial Screening Committee.